Header Ads

Coldplay Fan At The Core

#ShanuWritesHere
Author: Shanmukha Kotha (#MFO)

Unless you have been living under the rock, Coldplay has released their new music video for "Hymn for the Weekend" featuring Beyonce and Sonam Kapoor. The best part is, it has been shot in India and captured Worli village splendidly. Now that Indians became patriotic because some foreign band came to India and shot their video & obviously we are proud of it.

But as an Indian and a hardcore fan of Coldplay, I need to tell some things that I have noticed among my friends and acquaintances who watched the video (Putting aside the controversies raised by few morons).The thing is that, they have no idea about the greatness of Coldplay. But I'm not here to enlighten them with my knowledge or with the Wikipedia source.  But I'm here to say how much Coldplay meant to me & to the music world.

One the greatest British band with 4 Grammy awards in a single year(2009). Two times Best Selling Albums of the year 'Viva la Vida' and 'X&Y'. 7 Studio Albums with many humongous hits and numerous awards. This is what the world says.

To me, Coldplay is bigger than a music band. In a time, when I was just searching out for my way in the ocean of music, I came across a song. It was about a king, who lost his kingdom & its called 'Viva la Vida' & the first thing I did is.. Yah you're right! googled for the meaning. It means Death and his Friends and that sounded very interesting. I started to listen to the song, and the music dominated the vocals. I thought, oh poor guy on the mic. Then I opened the lyrics and that was the moment when I was awestruck. Now whenever I'm feel low, I listen to this song and I think F**k the world, man.

Then I jumped into the galaxy of Coldplay and this is the music i've always dreamed to listen when I'm happy, sad, in love, in dejection, when I'm feeling like a puppet or the king of the world. Each and every song, took me to a ride into my inner self and out to the stars and milky ways. So, I wanted every one to listen to this music and even then if you didn't change your perspective towards music, Man You Continue With Your Sh*t..., I mean Music.

Here are the my favorite 10 songs of Coldplay, you must listen. 

1. Viva la Vida

Never an honest word, 
But that was when I ruled the world 

                                       

2. Fix You

When the tears come streaming down your face
When you leave something you can't replace
 

3. The Scientist

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
 

4. Paradise

When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And she ran away in her sleep
 

5. Yellow

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
 

6. Clocks

Confusion never stops
Closing walls and ticking clocks 
 

7. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

May be the streets are light
May be the trees are gone
I feel my heart start beating to my favorite song

8. A Sky Full of Stars

Cause you're a sky, a sky full of stars
I wanna die in your arms
Cause you get lighter, the more it gets dark
 

9. Princess Of China

You are holding in your hands
The two halves of my heart
 

10. Everglow

There’s a light that you give me when I’m in shadow
there’s a feeling you give me, an everglow
 

No comments